Monday, February 23, 2009

winter break


Finally...a vacation! Well, not a vacation really, but a break from work--yahoo! I love being able to stay home during the day. As much as I like my job, I do still miss being at home even after 7 years of being back in the work force. Guess I should have married rich!
I'm going to use this week to catch up on some stuff around the house as well as focus on getting my eating under control and making exercise a habit again. I started off with a bang this morning--shoveled out from 2 feet of snow!
I also plan on doing some snowshoeing. I bought a couple of pairs the other day and it's so much fun and a great workout. It reminds me of kayking in a way...when I'm out on the water (or on the snow) I'm focused only on what I'm doing and the scenery around me. It's almost meditative, and a great escape from the world for a while!
The other two things I want to get in this week are knitting and reading. My current wip is a raglan sweater that I'm praying will come out wearable (I'm not the best knitter in the world). As for reading, right now I"m working through The Power of Less by Leo Babauta. It's a great little book that gives great tips and strategies for organizing your life, which I desperately need!

1 comment:

Yankee said...

Love your snowshoes! Can you believe I have never tried it?