Monday, November 23, 2009

A Thanksgiving Meme

I borrowed this from Elizabeth Bienas blog.  http://elizbienas.blogspot.com/  Sad that I'm so lacking in the writing dept that I have to steal! lol



1.What are the traditional favorites?
turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, squash, green beans, gravy, cranberry sauce, and black olives.

2.What new recipes will you try this year?
None--keeping it simple. I will be trying out my new 5 burner range though--woohoo!

3.What part of the meal do you never compromise?
It's basically always the same.


4.Who gets to carve the turkey?
Around here it's not 'who gets to,' it's more about 'who can mess it up less?


5.Family style around the table or buffet style and everyone sits wherever there's room?
Family style since there's only 4 or 5 of us.

6.How many will be at your table this year?
Five, the four of us and ds's gf.

7.Three best pies for Thanksgiving dessert?
Apple and custard--that's it.

8.Cranberry sauce...yeah or nay?
Yaay, but only jellied--no lumps.

9.What time do you eat Thanksgiving dinner?
This year will be early, about 12:30 or 1:00. I like to eat mid-afternoon, like 2-3:00 but ds and his gf have to hit her mother's for a second meal so we're bumping ours up.

10.Favorite leftover?
All of them!

4 comments:

Cheri Pryor said...

OMG...it's been SOOO long since I've had custard pie!! I LOVE THAT STUFF!

Patti H said...

Oh congrats on your new stove! How did it do?

Amy said...

Dinner at 12:30! SO what time did you have to get up to cook the bird?

prashant said...

I just posted the close up of the strap you requested of me. It is one of my favs too!!

Work from home India