Thursday, April 9, 2009

First week of April

Phew--time is flying! My student teaching assignment is almost finalized. That's a relief. I'll be working under a friend of mine in a nice school, so it should go well. It's still scary to think about actually doing it though.
Had my 45th bday this week. Yikes---talk about middle-aged! Suddenly it's hitting me. I had a great day though. The kids got up early and cooked me a big breakfast. Got some beautiful cards and flowers, and my Blackberry. A friend gave me a lavendar scented relaxation basket with nice goodies in it from Bath and Body Works along with the makings for some nice cosmos. Dh and I went out to eat at our favorite place. A fun day!
I'm more than halfway up the front of my mauve sweater (already did the back), and it's coming along nicely. I placed an order for some Koigu Kersti yarn (this one:http://www.yarnzilla.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_1096_1389&products_id=6727 ) to make this shawl http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/shawl-that-jazz . I cannot wait for it to arrive--I think it will be gorgeous!

2 comments:

Patti H said...

Happy Belated birthday Lin!! So what Blackberry did you get? We can chat on the blackberry chat now!!

Lin said...

I got a Bberry curve, 8330. I'm sure we could chat on it, if I knew how! lol It has a bit of a learning curve. I'm getting used to it. It's no iphone, but it'll do.