Sunday, March 29, 2009

Wow, a whole month has gone?! Boy time flies! I've been busy getting my student teaching packet ready--it's almost like finding a real job. Lots of paperwork, dealing with idiots at my college, and researching various school districts. In the end though, I lucked out...instead of having to commute an hour away I was able to score a spot at a school right in the next town, in 4th grade (my favorite) and I'll be working with a good friend of mine! Such a relief.
In other news, I haven't scrapped much at all. I did however, attend a fun crop in CT with Lorna and my SJ girls on 3/7! They're always good for some laughs and great conversation. I did a mini winter album from a kit that came out really cute, and the next day I did a couple of other random lo's. I've been doing some knitting--am working on the back of my Cricket sweater. I've been checking out some new (to me) yarn shops over the past couple of weekends and getting a lot of inspiration! I have resisted the urge to add to my yarn stash but have purchased a couple of books. One is on beaded knitting. I was going to knit a beaded shawl for dd to wear to bf's prom, but she wasn't crazy about the idea so I didn't bother. I will make one for myself though at some point. It would be nice to have something pretty like that for a wedding or other event. Most people plan the accessories based on the outfit--I'm usually the one trying to find an outfit to match an accessory! lol

2 comments:

Patti H said...

glad you posted!! Sorry I didn't get to go to the crop and have fun will you all!

Yankee said...

The crop was a blast, as usual.
You'll have to bring your knitting project to show us next time.