Monday, September 1, 2008

The Party's Over

That's what my father-in-law would say every Labor Day weekend. It was time to pack up the cottage and head back to the city for the winter. Now we are lucky to make the lake our home so we're here for the long haul, sub-zero temps, mountains of snow, and all. We love it!
It's hard to believe summer passed so quickly and it's time for back-to-school already, and a little depressing since we didn't really do anything too exciting this year. Our boat didn't even hit the water. We did have some family bbq's and do some hiking, and it was great to have D home again after his first year of college. I miss him so much when he's gone! Here are a few shots of our summer happenings...

D left this afternoon to head back to college. This year he won't be living there though--he's staying with friends from Mon-Thurs and then coming home to work down here on the weekends. R will start her sophomore year tomorrow, and I will return to work at the elementary school. I also start a new college term--only one more year to go!

2 comments:

April said...

Great pics Lin! Good luck with school!

Cassandra said...

You have a lot going on chickie! Your pics are great-- I LOVE that flag picture!