Sunday, March 21, 2010

Wow--over 3 months!

Boy have I been absent! A lot to catch up on and a lot going on in my life right now.

First, I finally finished all my coursework, completed my student teaching, and graduated from college! I now have a BA in Elementary Education and am officially certified by the State to teach K-8. Now the big job search begins. It's a tough job market right now, with not much to choose from. I really want to stay at my current school and there may be an opening for me to apply for, but I also just saw an ad for a 3rd grade position for next year in a neighboring town which is also considered one of the best in the state, so I will be applying there as well. I need to get my resume completed and a cover letter written. I am praying that I will be a real teacher with my very own classroom and students in 6 months!

Second, my sweet daughter will be graduating in June, a year early, at only 16, just about to turn 17. She's had enough of high school and I can't say that I blame her. Morale is very low among both students and staff, and since she is pretty secure in what she wants to do I couldn't see refusing her and making her stay another year, as much as I will miss having her at home. We did limit which colleges she applied to so that she would be at a small campus and one not far from home. And voila--she's been accepted to the school I have had in mind for her all along! She's even going to be rooming with a good friend of hers, whose family we know, so we are happy all around. It's a good two year school with a great Criminal Justice program, and if she wants to finish a 4 year degree she'll be automatically accepted into a very good program at a MA university.

And finally, my baby boy got engaged to his girlfriend today. He was very romantic about it. Bought a gorgeous diamond ring, brought her over to his grandma's cottage and onto the dock, and got down on one knee to propose. They're so perfect for each other. We love her and are very happy about it. They're thinking about a summer '11 wedding.
Life is sure changing quickly for our family!

The happy couple

No comments: