
This is R modeling her So You Think You Can Dance "official" (read $65) sweatshirt. A friend of mine gave me a couple of tickets that she won and since my dd loves to dance (read $1500 on dance lessons and shoes since September) we were excited to go. Our free night out didn't turn out to be inexpensive though, considering the cost of gas (an hour drive each way), parking ($20), dinner at dd's fave, Applebees ($35). Of course, the tickets, being free, were for seats way up in the highest level, second row from the balcony. Have I ever mentioned my extreme fear of heights? As soon as we sat down I started hyperventilating. If it wasn't for R I would have just left, but I couldn't do that to her. I also couldn't faint or do anything else considered embarrassing to a 15yo. And judging by the look on her face I must have been pretty close to doing just that. Somehow I managed to control my fear, and the show was awesome. Incredible dancing! And then, as we were leaving, she spotted the vendors, and the sweatshirt. I couldn't refuse the look on her face. Our "free" night out ended up costing about $130, but the look of joy on her face was worth it. I think I deserve the Mother of the Year award, don't you?
3 comments:
Yup, yup! Cute picture! I'm glad you were able to keep it together there Lin. :) And I'm glad yall had a great time!
Those are the BEST mother/dd moments in the world...when one compromises her own safety for the happiness of the other. lol!! Great pic!
the memories you created for your dd and yourself are priceless Lin!
Beautiful post. I never knew you were afraid of heights my dh and ds are too!
Happy Thanksgiving Lin to you and your family!!
Post a Comment