It's amazing to me that many people still don't realize how close you can become to people on the internet. I have two dear friends that I have been corresponding with for several years now on almost a daily basis. We all met on a weight loss message board and it took off from there. We began emailing each other separately from the board, and it quickly turned into a close knit friendship. We confide in each other, give each other advice, and pray for each other. I honestly would be lost without these two beautiful women in my life, even though I have actually never met them in person. I know one day we will!
On the other hand, there is a whole group of women that I met on a scrapbooking message board whom I have met in person several times. Once or twice a year we meet up at a scrapbooking shop in CT (the others seem to think this is a mid-point for our meetings, but being one of the northernmost gals I know this is not the truth--I am happy to drive the distance though!). We spend 12 hours laughing, talking, laughing, eating, laughing, scrapping (a little), and shopping (a lot). I look forward to these visits and am never disappointed!
The internet--some people believe it is responsible for the demise of social behavior as we know it--I know otherwise.
7 comments:
God bless you my dear friend and the internet! LOL!!
I agree- my internet friends have become my "IRL" friends!!
I love that last statement:
"The internet--some people believe it is responsible for the demise of social behavior as we know it--I know otherwise."
I completely agree!
Love ya Lin!! I look forward to the CT Crops so much - it's MY time with some of my closest friends!!!
Great post Lin I too look forward to the CT crops. I also agree that it is not the middle point. LOL
Excellent post. I love the CT crop group also. I'm spoiled because I don't have the haul that you guys do.
The demise of social behavior....funny. I always thought it was tequila. lol!
Post a Comment